Friday, November 26, 2010

Inspired To Do The Same

I have never been a math person, or a science person, or history person… for that matter I had never really found what type of “person” I was until my junior year in high school. It was my English teacher that helped my find my passion in life. Through his creative teaching methods, I was inspired to become an English teacher just like him. He challenges his students daily by presenting difficult questions and letting them discuss among their peers possible answers. His style of teaching is the opposite of the “traditional” method. He is very similar to the ideal teacher that David Pink and Tony Wagner describe in their books. His enthusiasm not only influences the atmosphere within his classroom, but that of the entire school. The impact he made on my school inspires me to do the same for future students. If I can get students as excited as he does about school, then I know I can make a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment